The following is a list of ways how you can use and help Patch to paint a local picture of the event.
1. Get the news. When we know about storm-related news, so will you. From important town and village announcements, damages, and power outages, we’ll have all the news covered 24-7. Refresh the homepage often, we move fast.
2. Comment. Have relevant information to add to an article, jump in and make a comment. We’ll follow up and likely add it to the article. These storm stories will continue to evolve as we speak to more officials and locals. You can be a real-time source by commenting.
3. Connect with the editor. If you have tips, e-mail local editor Michael Sorrentino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Follow us on Twitter. Want the info the fastest way possible, follow Patch on Twitter @PatchoguePatch.
5. Like us on Facebook. Patch updates all our articles on our Facebook page. To get up-to-the minute updates, follow us on Facebook here.
6. Take photos. Stay indoors if you plan to wait out the storm. But any photos you take of the aftermath, we’ll prominently display on Patch. Send them to email@example.com.
7. Shoot videos. Same goes for video. Our smartphones have put high-powered video cameras in our pockets. Send clips our way to help us report on the effect of the storm in your backyards.
8. Get the Word Out. If power is out (or turned back on) in your neighborhood or if there is a downed tree blocking your street, let your neighbors know by posting on Patch. Click here to share.
9. Find Emergency Numbers and Shelters. During Hurricanes Irene and Sandy, Patch created extensive resources, including lists of evacuation routes, emergency numbers.
10. Blog about it. When all settles, scores of your fellow community members will have “I was there” stories to share. Don’t keep them to yourself. Sign up to be a blogger and let your neighbors know how you held up during the storm.
Let us know if there's anything else you think we can do for you. Stay safe and warm during the storm!
Get email updates on Winter Storm Hercules in Patchogue and more at http://patchogue.patch.com/email.
Patchogue Village Declares Snow Emergency
Pat-Med Schools Close For Friday Ahead of Snow
Brookhaven Highway Dept Says It's Poised To Deal With Storm
Update: Snow Prompts Flight Cancellations, Delays at MacArthur
State Of Emergency Declared In Brookhaven
Patchogue Village DPW Ready To Plow