An estimated 3,000 people attended the Patchogue Sunday evening at the .
Hundreds of people also lined the Patchogue River enjoying the view from the water's edge, boats and restaurants.
Blue Point residents Sam Malone, Kelly McMahon, Emily Allingham and Captain Anthony Scola won awards for Best Theme as well as People's Choice with their boat decorated as Whoville from "The Grinch That Stole Christmas."
Kelly McMahon helped design and create this year's theme.
"I actually did it about two years ago but decided to kick it up to a whole new level this year," she said. "My boyfriend [Captain Scola] built all of the framing for it and helped raise it up."
"It's so exciting," Malone said. "We put so much work into this. We've been working on it for a solid month, getting everything together between the costumes and the decorations."
Emily Allingham, 10, starred on the boat as Cindy Lou from Whoville.
"I had a lot of fun this year," Emily said. "I'm going to definitely help out again next year."
Captain Scola noted that it was a work in progress but loved every minute of it and cannot wait for next year's parade. Scola and his crew plan to enter at least three boats in the parade united under one theme.
"We are thinking of doing Scrooge and the three ghosts that visit him," Scola said. "Every boat is going to be a different ghost. I set the bar this year and now I'm upping the bar. Between [Kelly's] ideas and my abilities, we can't lose. I challenge anyone to try."
- Overall: #11 Worthy Vessel, Captain Douglas Foerth, theme - "Fantasy Christmas Forest"
- Best Theme: #8a & 8b Dublin Debt & Outkast, Captain Jay Voss & Captain Anthony Scola, theme - "The Grinch That Stole Christmas"
- Best Lights: #14 3 Gems, Captain Joe Bertone, theme - Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- Best Sound: #10 Hampton House, Captains Al Sullo & Tom Margolis, featured live band "Don Molinari & Stoneage"
- People’s Choice: #8b Outkast, Captain Anthony Scola, theme - "The Grinch That Stole Christmas"
Check back to Patch for more highlights from the Patchogue Holiday Boat Parade.