The 's records have a history of Patchogue's Carnegie Library as well as a summary of several of the other New York area Carnegie Libraries that are either still in existance or have since been demolished.
Among the facts listed in the brochure, the original building was approximately 2,300 square feet and designed by John Vredenburgh Van Pelt to fit a neoclassical style. Van Pelt is also the designer of Patchogue's Post office according to the record.
The library states that the library opened in 1908 and was used as a library until 1981 when the Patchogue-Medford Library moved to Main Street.
The brochure also lists the Northport Library and Rockville Centre library as being the other two Carnegie libraries on Long Island, neither of which are a library today.
Check the media gallery for the full record from the Patchogue-Medford Library.