A suspected serial bank robber has robbed three more banks in Suffolk County just this week, according to police.
The latest robbery occurred in North Lindenhurst on Thursday. Police say that robbery at a Citibank on Sunrise Highway "appears consistent" with other bank robberies over the last two weeks.
Police say the male robber, described as white, bald and unshaven, is also suspected to be behind robberies at:
- May 24, Capital One Bank, Deer Park
- May 27, Bank of America, Commack
- May 29, Bethpage Federal Credit Union, East Farmingdale
- June 2, Capital One Bank, East Farmingdale
- June 3, TD Bank, Sayville
Police are advising local banks and financial institutions to be aware of this pattern and to call police if they become aware of anything suspicious at their banks.
If anyone among the public has information concerning the robberies, or the suspect involved, police are asking them to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.