A man who police say allegedly exposed himself to both an 8-year-old girl at the Medford location of Target and teens at Setauket Elementary School earlier this month is due back in court on Wednesday.
According to a Newsday report Ray Sanchez, a 31-year-old registered Level 2 sex offender from Coram, has been remanded on a bail of $500,000 bond, $250,000 cash at his Oct. 23 arraignment before Judge Paul M. Hensley at First District Court in Central Islip.
As previously reported, police said they responded to the Medford Target, at 2975 Horseblock Rd. on Oct. 10 after a customer reported that a man exposed himself to her eight-year old daughter while they were shopping. According to police, the woman was able to take several pictures of the man before he fled the store.
On Oct. 15 police were called to Setauket Elementary School after two 13-year-old girls reported that they saw a man masturbating in a car, which was parked in front of the school on East Main St. The girls told police the man made eye contact with them as they walked by.
Sanchez has been charged with three counts of endangering the welfare of a child, exposure of a person and public lewdness.
Reporting by Jennifer Sloat contributed to this post.