The was evacuated for a short time Thursday night as smoke filled the popular eatery and bar.
According to Joe Perry, chief with the Patchogue Fire Department, a malfunctioning heating unit located on the restaurant’s roof is believed to be the source of the smoke that filled the restaurant/bar. Brick House was closed at around 9:30 p.m. and re-opened at 10:50 p.m.
Patrons waiting outside said that a fire alarm alerted them to leave the bar.
West Main Street from North Ocean Avenue to West Avenue was closed to traffic during the investigation.