The largest theater in Suffolk County, Patchogue Theater opened in 1923 as "Ward & Glynne's" and it was the biggest theater on Long Island in its time. Billed as ornate and enormous in its inception, the theater has since housed countless musical acts and plays. It housed a three-movie multiplex for a period in the 80's and 90's. Since its restoration back to a proper theater of its original grandeur and stature, it has been one of the most celebrated theaters in Long Island. It is now an independent not-for-profit organization.